How Does Assisted Living Compare to Independent Living?
In choosing the Independent Living option at The Residence at Valley Farm, you will enjoy a spacious apartment chock-full of the amenities that you want, including the ability to take advantage of our gourmet dining facilities, a meticulously-maintained building, common areas for family gatherings, and a host of conveniences for purchase, such as in-house laundry services.
You also live with the peace of mind of 24-hour security, and a range of daily living services that you can tap into should you have a temporary health issue or something that requires longer-term attention.
Assisted Living includes all of the above, but also assumes that you desire a more active degree of assistance day-to-day with certain daily tasks, like showering, dressing and managing medications.
The beauty and convenience of this community is that you can take life as it comes, remaining as independent as you like, while taking advantage of services as you decide to—all while staying right in your new home.
Independent Living Includes:
- Private apartments with locking doors
- On-site, convenient laundry service
- Scheduled transportation services to get you to where you need to go—whether it’s the doctor’s office, religious services, the theater or local shopping
- A full calendar of social activities that are available seven days a week
- Kitchenettes in each apartment
- Restaurant-style dining provided by our full-time culinary staff
- Nutritious snacks and beverages 24 hours a day
Assisted Living Includes the Above, Plus Help With the Activities of Daily Living, Including:
- Dressing and personal appearance
- Bathing and showering
- Mealtime escort
- Incontinence care
- Reminders for medication
- Housekeeping and personal laundry
- Self-Administered Medication Management